Friday, September 9, 2016

Week tres in Mexico!

Today has been my first P-Day that we haven´t gone to the temple, and as much as I love the temple I am so happy I had time today to run and play frisbee with my district, the plague is definatly real, everyone in our district has gotten it but me so far. Everything here is pretty awesome and I´m pretty stressed and ready to enter the field but overall my experience here has been awesome.

I had thought that Taylon was supposed to arrive last tuesday so I was looking everywhere for him and have been pretty worried, super glad to hear that he´s actually coming down the 13th. Things here have been super awesome and really spiritual for me. I feel that I am close to completely understanding the language and don´t think that my time here has felt as long as I thought it would. I have began to feel a bit homesick for family and especially Stanley but I know this is where the Lord needs me and has given me strength to overcome any negative feelings that would disrupt the teachings of the spirit. I have a huge testimony of prayer after these few weeks.

I´ve definately been humbled while here and really prayed for help a lot. I´ve read a ton of stuff about humility and have been trying my best to be exactly obedient. Because of this obedience I feel that the Lord has really blessed me a ton to overcome my weaknesses. Do what is right and Heavenly Father will help you so much. 

Today was our first real P-Day since the last 2 weeks we spent all day at the temple, I love the temple here, but today I got to go on a run with Elder Dalton, a XC runner whose going to BYU-I and I feel so much better. After we played a ton of frisbee against other districts and it was so much fun. I definatly needed this rest today. 

However, I have become strangely attached to Mexico even though it is pretty different. It makes me envy those going to Central and South America, especially since I still am not sure exactly the reason for my call. However I have a much greater testimony that my call is specific to me and also to a family or investigator I have not met yet. 

I love Bednar´s talk about being a PMG missionary. This work is not about me and it will never will be. My purpose to live as worthily and obediently as possible to be a representative of Christ so that the Lord can use me as a vessel to speak directly to those who need to hear his message. When I am feeling depressed or stressed it is my job to work my hardest to overcome and ask Heavenly Father diligently for help. I love the gift of tongues and have a strong testimony of its power. When I open my mouth to speak with faith that the HG will give me the words I can feel the blessings.

Te Amo,

Elder Bessey










No comments:

Post a Comment