Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Packing and Unpacking

Hey! So this week has been pretty crazy, I wasn't expecting to transfer out at all and my new companion just finished up training, so he only has one more transfer over me. His name is Elder Fletes, from and so far it's been so rad. It was really sad to say goodbye to my dad(trainer) though, it didn't feel real to leave him. But luckily I can see him some Sunday's since he's in a neighboring Stake.

Originally we were supposed to move in with the zone leaders and Elder Bottari and I thought that the sisters were going to live in our house, so we spent most of P-Day trying to make the basement spotless. It's not that we didn't keep it clean or anything, more that Elders have been living there for more than a year. So when we finally cleaned everything and got packed Elder Gunn gave us a ride to our new apartments, and dropped me off at the Zone Leaders first. Except when I got there they told me that they just barely found out Elder Fletes and I were living somewhere else, so we got the address and Elder Gunn took us there. At first it seemed like we were pretty close to our old house, and then we thought it was funny that it was in the same neighborhood, and then I realized that it was the same house I just left from. So I had to unpack everything again which was a bit of a pain.

But once we got our area book we realized how much potential this branch has, we are in the River 9th Branch, we shaping up to really make this area blossom. We have many investigators that sincerely want the gospel in their lives and the only thing holding them back is "big change" they have to make.


My new companion is from Mexico and is a little worried about the upcoming winter, he told me that sometimes his town gets up to 120 degrees! So this weather has felt like his winter so far. Luckily we are pretty prepared in terms of clothing. Work has been amazing in this new area and we are excited to baptize a lot of families this transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment