Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 1 in Utah!

It's been tough not having a P-Day for so long but it's also been way awesome doing the real work. This mission works crazy hard and everyone is super obedient. President Lansing is so awesome and really an awesome president, and Sister Lansing is really smart and kinda reminds me of [my mom]. She gave everyone goodie-bags with a toothbrush and stuff, and it totally reminded me of
something [my mom] would do.

My companion is an awesome example and super nice person. It's been hard since I still can't really speak Spanish that well but he helps me out. He's from Argentina and fluent in English so it really helps a lot. It is so different to not have other people with you, it's not as fun as the CCM but I feel much closer to the Lord and the work.

We live in the basement of a members home, they're a retired couple. The man was a house contractor and helped build a lot of the houses here. They're so nice, they made us cinnamon rolls after Priesthood that tasted just like [my mom’s]. [Her’s] are still better though.

Latinos feed you so much and we get a dinner every night. One Elder I talked to who just finished up said he gained 40 pounds!


I loved conference this time around . So much of it was about missionary work and Christ. One of the sessions we invited our brand new investigator so I had to watch the Sunday AM all in Spanish so I understood basically nothing from it, but I still felt the spirit very strong and really enjoyed listening. In the past 3 days I already have my first investigator, María. She's from Venezuela like most of the Latinos here. I'm starting to think my real call is to Venezuela but since I can't go there God is sending the Venezuelans to me, cause like everyone I meet is Venezuelan.

My first area is one of the 3 bike areas and it's been so nice to ride a bike again, it's one of the ways that really helps me with stress. They weren't kidding when they said this was one of the highest baptizing missions in the world, exact obedience is the standard and we bring in so many investigators from it.



No comments:

Post a Comment