Monday, April 24, 2017

"Brighter and Brighter Until the Perfect Day"

We were really lucky to find an investigator at home named Z, she has been meeting with missionaries since living in Ecuador. She said something like 20 missionaries have visited her, and she is just waiting for her answer. Everyone she lives with are members and she is committed to start making changes and to come to church tomorrow, she has amazing fellowshippers and we are planning for her to be baptized really soon. We are super excited and full of faith to what the new week brings for us. I think for the both of us being on exchanges with the zone leaders has really boosted us spiritually and mentally. I think Elder Craig is definitely feeling really good and motivated. 

Studying the talk "Brighter and Brighter until the Perfect Day" by Elder Bragg really helped me set the stage for my mentality for the week. Something that really made me think what his analogy on the Heliotropic Effect. How it's natural for every living thing to move towards the light. Plants don't just grow in the pitch black. You still have that natural potential inside of you but it's just not going to work like that. So I've been working on putting myself more in the sun and away from the dark where I know I won't grow as much and tried to keep as faithful and positive as I can.

This week we were talking to some Hermanas and they gave us some Salta Montes or sea trampolines. They're salted grasshoppers, and they were huge! They were straight from Puebla Mexico and super nasty. But also kinda good, but probably more gross than good. You have to take off the legs to eat them cause they're huge!


We found a kid named M yesterday, he's the son of a drunk guy we found one day. He lived in Mexico for 4 years and has been through a lot even though he's only 16. He's on date for the 13th of May.

(Picture of Elder Bessey's entire mission) 


No comments:

Post a Comment