Wednesday, April 5, 2017

General Conference Weekend


General Conference was definitely really good, there's something special about watching it as a missionary. It feels like sometimes it's just for missionaries. think being a missionary it's really made me tune in a little closer and I feel like I got a lot out of it.  It was a really good one this year. I received a lot of revelation and felt the Spirit super strong throughout the weekend.

One thing I loved so much was the focus on how we are children of God. It really hit me hard the last visit we had on Saturday. It didn't go quite how we planned as the family was really focused on bashing, but we still testified strongly and tried our best to help. Even though maybe we didn't see it, somebody in that small living room was touched by the Spirit or otherwise we wouldn't have been guided to their home. As we ended with a prayer it really sunk in that I am a child of God and how much of a blessing it is to be able to talk to a loving and perfect Heavenly Father.There were about 5 other people just making a lot of noise. It seemed impossible for Heavenly Father to give any sort of answer to us. This made me reflect much on the scripture that talks about how the Spirit comes in a still small voice and helped me think on the things that I need to change to bring more of that subtle voice with me. It is also such a great blessing it is to have the revelations we have as well as an actual leader, a prophet, to guide us in what God needs us to do.

To try to make up for missing Fuddruckers before the Priesthood session with dad, I convinced my companion to go to Cubbys for lunch, which is probably the closest thing to it. Fudds is still numero uno though.  

This week was a bit of a hurdle but we had felt super guided just every day. We found a brother who let us in and just opened up to us. He felt really burdened by sin and didn't know how to fill the hole he had in his life. It was such a blessing to get to be there in that moment to help him feel better.





No comments:

Post a Comment